Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Little Paris touches

First person to guess right was Lori, to whom I will personally deliver her prize next month!  My dh and I are going to Nantes. But first we spent a few days in Paris getting over the jet lag!!

We went to the new Louis Vuitton museum  all the way out in the Bois de Bologne, which is the largest park in Paris. 

 

It's only been open about a year and a half and it's very different from the other museums in Paris. It has very modern things, which isn't a surprise if you look at the outside. 
This Buddha was spewing incense!!

This one had to be kept in a cool room!!

There were fabulous balconies all around, with one having a great view:

There are the typical Paris views that I love:

But when I was on my way to meet Will, I saw this recycling container near the metro that was obviously full!!

I met Will for lunch (we will meet again in Nantes!!) and she invited  me back to her apartment to see her latest masterpiece!


My dh and I took a walk (what is bad about walking along the Seine, under the Louvre arches??!!) and got a couple of great shots. I never tire of the architecture in Paris!



Then I had to snap this picture of a couple with their dog in a basket!!
Tomorrow we are taking the train out of Paris to see some of the chateaux on our way to Nantes!!

10 comments:

  1. Lucy is in Paris!!!!...no, she is under my desk. But it could me my little Miss. I want to know if Mark has to trot after you to keep up. :) Much love....

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps...the architecture does look grand! Different, but like Chicago which too boosts architecture took enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun. That blue in Will's quilt is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first glance I thought the first photos looked like a couple of box quilts tangled with each other. : )
    Looks like lovely atmosphere. Looks forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fun post - love that quilt.
    the recycling cracked me - that's France :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for taking me along on your travels ... it's like being there!! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh la la! What fun. Thanks for sharing these lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL for this posting: you really pictured the essence of my town! And thank you for the quilting tip for filling up the squares, a golden one! I'm back from Nantes, the nicest brand since the beginning and we had lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL for this posting: you really pictured the essence of my town! And thank you for the quilting tip for filling up the squares, a golden one! I'm back from Nantes, the nicest brand since the beginning and we had lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete