Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Done is great

I'm in Wisconsin this week for a retreat with my friends and I brought a few small things to work on first. 

I had finished the blocks for Lori's sew along and decided at the last minute to use chrome rather than cheddar. It was  when I was supposed to be packing so I didn't spend a lot of time and cut the large  squares the wrong size. Fortunately my friend Debbie had something to substitute!

I like how it turned out! 

I also brought some  fabric to make some more blocks for the Quilts of Valor so I whipped up a few more blocks!


Fun, hunh??

My friend Pat has a long arm and quilted my little snowman quilt for me. I just love what she did! Little snowflakes!!


Isn't that cute? I didn't bring the binding with me so it'll. Have to wait until I get home for binding but I love it!!

5 comments:

  1. Very nice! I think the yellow is an unexpected touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. IMHO, the yellow looks better with your pink/brown color scheme, than the cheddar would. Good choice. : )
    The snowflake quilting is perfect for your little snowman quilt--very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute ! The quilting and the mini !! Love the fabrics you used and these yellows are beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the yellow!
    And welcome back to Wisconsin in the fall. Over here by Lake Michigan the wind is blowing like a banshee off the lake, brrrr

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Chrome with the two setting fabrics! Nice hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete