Pages

Sunday, April 30, 2017

This n That

Every find yourself multitasking and you goof up?? #@#$
I was working on a little pincushion at the same time that I was cutting strips for something else... OOPS!!



This is something I'm going to have to start over~!~ oh well!  This is a Primitive Gatherings little pin cushion... it has a cute little black wool sewing machine sewn on, and fortunately I hadn't gotten to that point yet!

I did work on a couple of bindings recently and finished the Under The Big Top quilt, which I had made last year as part of a swap.  I think it's such a fun quilt!



Here is a close up of a couple of blocks:

I'm sorry that I didn't take the flamingo right side up but I fussy cut the little pink guy in the left corner.  One of my favorite blocks.

Lori (humblequilts) posted the instructions previously but essentially the half square triangles are all different sizes...  It's a great quilt to do with a group so you don't have to sew ALL those little pieces yourself!

Tomorrow I will post a picture of the absolutely knock-your-socks-off quilt that I received from Janet O as part of our little swap.  I honestly don't know how she does it!  Just amazing!

We had the kids this weekend so I got nothing done;  and then little Emma decided she didn't want to go home today so she's staying with me a couple of extra days!! WOOHOO!!  What's more important, anyway???

11 comments:

  1. How pretty and colorful. Sounds like we've had the same kind of days here lately. Only I think mine was all week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all have cut through a piece of work accidently so welcome to the club. What a great quilt those blocks look very complicated to do

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that had to hurt, Randy!
    I love Under the Big Top! When Lori was making it I was captivated by it, but I wasn't sure I would survive all of those HSTs!! Looks like you did, though. I'm proud of you--it is a scrap masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful quilt! That's a real eyepopper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have done the same as you by cutting into a block by mistake. Usually when I have a bigger piece of fabric I am trying to cut a small piece from.
    I saw a picture of the little quilt Janet O. made. You are lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH darn...sorry about the cut!! What an amazing quilt...lovely little triangles!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, well, sometimes opps happen. Under the Big Top is wonderful with so many fabrics, colors and sizes just like a real circus with so many things happening at once.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Big Top. I started one block and got stuck on the second round of hsts, so it is waiting. Cold wet weather here. Still fighting this cold crud that a lot of people have.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did the same thing last night while trimming the batting and backing on a quilt. At least those are tiny pieces so not too wasteful. I've made that pincushion and it's one of my favorites. Every time I see an Under the Big Top, I want to make one--love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ummm, yup!! that's my middle name (messin' up lol). Which is shy when I try to do leader -enders nothing good comes of it. (Not saying it isn't a fantastic method, but just not my style).
    Lovely Big Top--I tried making one block--it's partially done and hiding in my drawer of shame...S I G H !!! yours is so gorgeous hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my...that's a very beautiful quilt ! With lots of triangles !!
    Congratulations for this finish Randy !

    ReplyDelete