Pages

Saturday, July 28, 2018

When you think you're picking up your quilt...

Remember I labored over this Bonnie Hunter design?  It was her leader/ender project from a few years ago?  I made it as a main project and finished it earlier this year?

I changed the fabrics, made it very bright and dropped it off at the LAQ's shop recently...  This quilter is new to me...He's very near my house and he quilted one other thing for me (the basket quilt along) so I figured I've return.



Well, when I walked in, I hadn't remember which quilt I'd dropped off (really.. I'm not kidding!).  As he was unfolding it, he asked if it was destined for a particular person?  Did I have a plan for where to put it?  I was confused... thinking maybe the quilting wouldn't go with the intended recipient??

When I told him I didn't, he started to say things about how attached he became to the quilt;  how much he just loved it... finally I asked him if he wanted to buy it...

YUP, he did.  So I went home without my quilt!! (and a wad of cash in my wallet!).  And immediately proceeded to start another one!!  Notice the dancing girls, writings, dogs and ducks!!


It was an easy pattern to make and so much fun so I figured I didn't mind selling him the quilt, since he loved it so much.

Never heard of such a thing.  He also said he'd never bought a quilt from anyone before...

What a surprise!!

18 comments:

  1. good fortune indeed...that is why it's necessary to keep a stock of fabric of course....headed to maine in another week and a stop at cyndi's of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great complement! I really like the new one you've started too.
    I've been absent for a couple of weeks because of vacation and other things but hope to be back regularly now. Your blocks (previous post) are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an absolutely GREAT story, Randy! What a wonderful event. Love those fabric choices ... would love to swap you some of the "novelty" ones. Especially the dancers and the dog heads!! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool is that :0)! He got a great quilt and I hope you are both happy with the deal. Oh dear and an excuse to start another quilt...what a win win. Happy Sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool thing for both of you. Sometimes it's hard to part with the quilts we make. But occasionally when the price is right$$....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can certainly see why he got attached to that beauty!! Good for you--$$ for more fabric perchance? ;))) hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome story. I don't blame him; it is a wonderful quilt. Will you ask him to quilt your second attempt? ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A Win/Win situation for sure! You got $$ & he got a Quilt. Plus a new project to.use up more of your Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, if I'd known it was for sale---jk! :)
    That is such a great story, and it has to feel good that he loved your quilt so much. It is a definite winner in my book!
    Are you going to use similar rounds of color on this one?

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cool is that, Randy!? Congratulations on the finish, and on the sale. I guess we won't be seeing that one at the Quilt Show!

    ReplyDelete
  11. how nice for both of you! Love your hour glass blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!! That is so fun...did you have some separation twanges? It is just gorgeous, by the way...lucky duck who got that one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Are you sure you have enough fabric to make a second quilt? Just kidding! What a fun story—glad everyone is happy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a story for the record books!! I can't imagine that happens very often. Congrats on the sale of your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's pretty neat! As long as you don't mind making another one, anyway. How big are the squares?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Never heard of a situation like that. I have sold quilts to quilters who could have made their own version but just didn't want to.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great early birthday present. A wad of cash and a chance to make another quilt!

    ReplyDelete